As one of our Core Values, supporting our local Community is one way we show our commitment and care for the places we live and work. This year during National Volunteer Month, SAM introduced our first annual Community Roots Initiative. Between April 1-27, 2022, our team members reported their volunteer hours, and in coordination with the Arbor Day Foundation, we will match each hour donated with the planting of a tree in forests of greatest need.
This year our team members volunteered 668 hours and will be helping plant 668 trees.
Over the past month, our team members have volunteered in multiple capacities, including picking up trash at local parks, sorting food at local food pantries, coaching local soccer games, and much more. In addition, several SAM offices also hosted a community service opportunity during that time. These included:
- The Austin, TX office picked up trash at their adopted highway stretch of TxDOT Adopt-A-Highway
- The Houston, TX office worked together to help the Texas General Land Office with a beach clean-up
- The Columbus, OH office helped clean up, weeded, and mulched a local playground and community area
- The Denver, CO office put together food boxes for The Action Center food bank
- The Brodheadsville, PA office helped clean up trash in Chestnut Hill
- The NoVA office supported the Haymarket Food Pantry with hands-on help from clients
- The Moorestown, NJ office worked together with clients to support the Cherry Hill Food Pantry
- The Knoxville, TN office placed Easter eggs around the Knoxville Zoo for their Saturday Easter Egg Hunt
- The Elkhart & New Carlisle, IN offices picked up trash around the Elkhart County Human Society and socialized the cats and dogs
- The Maryville, MO office picked up trash at Franklin Park in Maryville, MO
- The Raleigh, NC office volunteered their time at the Habitat for Humanity Restore Thrift Store
- The St. Louis, MO office helped out at the Legacy Animal Sanctuary
- The Dallas, TX office volunteered at the Ronald McDonald House
To learn more about our dedication to our communities, employee engagement, and other opportunities SAM offers for our local areas, visit our Community webpage.