Given the dynamic situation regarding COVID-19, the Business Continuity Leadership Team that SAM established early in this process is meeting regularly to update the policies and procedures we have enacted to continue to support our clients and their projects while taking appropriate measures to keep our employees and partners safe.
Excellence in client service has been a focal point at SAM since our founding 25 years ago. Though COVID-19 brings change and uncertainty to our lives, creating innovative solutions to serve our clients is in our DNA, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to delivering on client projects and have our full resources and staff dedicated to our project commitments and ready for deployment.
Of course, we have been closely following the recommendations and guidelines developed by our federal and local governments, including the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and have implemented the following measures:
- Assessing any potential risk for a SAM employee to determine the need for medical screenings and/or self-quarantine
- Canceling any international travel and any non-essential domestic travel
- Suspending all large on-site meetings, canceling all off-site events and conferences at least through April 15
- Allowing employees to work from home as needed, conducting meetings via phone or video conference, and utilizing many of the advanced and proprietary workflow technologies SAM already has in place
- Providing additional disinfection efforts to protect office and field staff, and communicating best practices to employees to encourage individual efforts to reduce the possibility of transmission
As we continue on our mission to serve our clients, our thoughts are also with all of those people who have been affected by the virus in our industry and throughout the country. We are in this together with our clients and partners. We will be continuing to monitor the situation and evolving our practices to best serve you.
Let me assure you that we will take every action necessary to continue to deliver the same high level of quality we have always been known for, while keeping our employees and partners safe.
If you have any questions, please contact Todd Baker, Director of Health & Safety, TBaker@sam.biz.
President and CEO, SAM Companies