"I was a SAM intern in 2017 and I absolutely loved it. The knowledge that I gained from very talented individuals that helped teach and guide me will benefit me for years to come. The SAM internship has allowed me to gain the skills that I will need to have a prosperous career. I am very thankful for this amazing opportunity."
Grads & Interns
SAM is comprised of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds that are leading the way in the geospatial and construction phase service industry. We continually recruit and attract top talent into our organization from several fields, but with a particularly strong interest in those with degrees in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Engineering, or other geospatial related fields. Qualified graduates will find opportunities to pursue a professional career and work with a highly experienced group of surveyors, engineers, and other professionals, all using the latest, state-of-the-art technology. If you’re a recent graduate or about to graduate, contact us to find out more about opportunities at SAM. Whether you are looking for an internship or a career, our positions are challenging and rewarding and provide tremendous growth opportunities.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
SAM has a Summer Internship Program to help recruit, train, and hire the next generation of company leaders, as well as to expand our team of talented staff. We offer internships to qualified students enrolled in Engineering, Surveying, Geography, GIS, or Business-related degree programs. Interns are chosen from across the U.S. and our goal is to provide hands-on experience working with state-of-the-art technology in our industry.
Students have the opportunity to work in an area pertinent to their degree and learn about surveying, mapping, or business-related processes from start to finish. They’ll use the latest technologies to perform tasks for business operations, data collection and processing, and/or production drawings on projects such as boundary surveys, digital aerial mapping, or LiDAR laser scanning, and more. Technical positions also get experience using AutoCAD or other computer-aided drafting software, while working side-by-side with leading experts. As an intern, you’ll get to work with top experts in surveying, engineering, and business administration, while getting practical experience working on real world projects. We perform high-level work at a fast pace, with office environments that offer numerous perks to help ensure you'll have a fun and fulfilling work experience.
- Enrollment in a 2 or 4-year degree program in Engineering, Surveying,
Geography, GIS, Construction Management, or other related field
- Desire and willingness to learn more about our industry and its technology
- Strong math and computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Update to our 2020 Summer Internship Program
With the effects of the nationwide shutdowns on SAM’s Summer Internship program this year, SAM is granting the top students from our program a $1,000.00 scholarship. It’s SAM's way of helping to keep our interns as a top priority while continuing to support or community and industry by offering tomorrow's leaders fiscal relief toward their education. We wish these students a safe and healthy summer, and we look forward to working with them in the future. Congratulations to the following students for receiving SAM Internship scholarship for 2020!
- Eric Archer — University of Florida
- Joseph Christlieb — Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Coleman Dodds — The Ohio State University
- Collin Foster — Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Cody Mayer — Texas A&M University
- Kaitlyn Maynard — University of Florida
- Jordan Murray — Columbus State Community College
- Julia Nania — Trinity University
- David Nielson — Pennsylvania State University – Wilkes Barre
- William Olmsted — University of Maine – Orono
- Mitchell Pinion — Tyler Junior College
- Micheal Rios — University of Puerto Rico – Mayaguez
- Marius Sagna — Ferris State University
- Lillian Stutzman — Lycoming College
- Samuel Watson — New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Timothy Young — Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
- Gurkirat — Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi
COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAM SUPPORT
SAM is committed to the future of our industry and believes in giving back by helping educate tomorrow's leaders. We are a strong advocate of higher education and support educational programs across Texas through financial and equipment contributions. We support local educational establishments with donations of land surveying equipment, computer workstations, and software to promote public awareness and encourage students to consider studies leading to professional careers in surveying, engineering, geospatial and construction phase services. Some of the colleges and universities SAM supports are:
- Texas A&M – Corpus Christi
- Austin Community College
- Tyler Junior College
UPCOMING RECRUITING EVENTS
Our recruiting team attends several job fairs around the country each year and many of these are held by colleges and universities. At these events we're always thrilled to meet potential candidates interested in working for us. So keep an eye out for us at upcoming events at your school.